- Lea (First Samurai x Greenery by Galileo): The “now” horse put everyone on notice with his Donn Handicap win.
- Game On Dude (Awesome Again x Worldly Pleasure by Devil His Due): Perfect in the Big Cap. Champ was down, but definitely not out!
- Palace Malice (Curlin x Palace Rumor by Royal Anthem): Big time effort in the NO Handicap; we haven’t seen his best stuff yet.
- Will Take Charge (Unbridled’s Song x Take Charge Lady by Dehere): Top spot within range for this gawky colt, but has to step forward.
- Mucho Macho Man (Macho Uno x Ponche De Leona by Ponche): Luckily for him, the Breeders’ Cup remains at Santa Anita in 2014.
- California Chrome (Lucky Pulpit x Love The Chase by Not For Love): Isn’t really up for debate. He’s the one to beat at Churchill Downs.
- Social Inclusion (Pioneerof The Nile x Saint Bernadette by Saint Ballado): Bounced in the Wood and still got third. Remember, that was only his third race.
- Hoppertunity (Any Given Saturday x Refugee by Unaccounted For): Love his running style; he could grind them down in Kentucky Derby 2014.
- Ride On Curlin (Curlin x Magical Ride by Storm Cat): Getting good at the right time. Jon Court can get the best out of him.
- Cairo Prince (Pioneerof The Nile x Holy Bubbette by Holy Bull): I like this horse, but only if I can get big Kentucky Derby odds.
- Untapable (Tapit x Fun House by Prized): Head and shoulders the best of this group.
- Fashion Plate (Old Fashioned x Miss Puzzle by Citidancer): Speed to the lead.
- Ria Antonia (Rockport Harbor x Beer Baroness by Mr Greeley): Baffert will make her better.
- Unbridled Forever (Unbridled’s Song x Lemons Forever by Lemon Drop Kid): Impeccable pedigree; can she convert in the 2014 Kentucky Oaks?
- My Miss Sophia (Unbridled’s Song x Wildwood Flower by Langfuhr): Impressive in her Gazelle Stakes win.
- Wise Dan (Wiseman’s Ferry x Lisa Danielle by Wolf Power): In case you forgot, he is the king.
- Lochte (Medaglia d’Oro x Lemon Kiss by Lemon Drop Kid): Heir to the throne.
- Winning Prize (Pure Prize x Winning Ways by You And I): If he moves forward off his last he could challenge the top two for dominance.
- Amira’s Prince (Teofilo x Twice The Ease by Green Desert): He’s going to improve; really isn’t much in this division.
- Big Blue Kitten (Kitten’s Joy x Spent Gold by Unaccounted For): Somebody had to be fifth.
- Secret Circle (Eddington x Ragtime Hope by Dixieland Band): Reigning champ has hit a few bumps in the road, but doesn’t need to panic just yet.
- Falling Sky (Lion Heart x Sea Dragoness by Sea Hero): Continues to improve.
- Mico Margarita (Run Away And Hide x Wide Range by Mineshaft): Broke Evangeline track record last out.
- Sahara Sky (Pleasant Tap x Seeking The Sky by Storm Cat): Not a fan of closers, but he can move.
- Strapping Groom (Johannesburg x Something Silver by Silver Deputy): Impressed by the work Drawing Away has done with this gelding.